CALL FOR THE NEW TERM AUDITORS
We are looking for volunteers for the Audit Committee, who should be approved by the General Assembly on May 17, 2024.
According to the valid ELACTA Statutes, the auditors are elected for one working term.
The audit committee consists of 2 persons. Auditors may be non ELACTA members and non IBCLCs.
Check once a year the financial books received from ELACTA’s accountant in accordance with ELACTA’s procedures and the approved budget.
Every 2 years to participate in person and to present the conclusions of the group of auditors in the General Assembly in one of the European countries.
- Willing to work in a team of auditors;
- Dutiful, accurate, responsible
- Excellent command of English (oral and written);
- Obligation to submit audit conclusions by the established deadlines;
- Possibility to participate in online meetings of the auditor group, if necessary – in live meetings (paid by ELACTA);
Advantage skills for candidates:
- Experience working in an NGO as treasurer, second treasurer or auditor;
- German language skills (oral and written);
Helping the Alliance of Cactation Consultants to properly manage their finances, improve their professional qualities, participate in ELACTA conferences every 2 years in one of the European countries and, if you are an IBCLC, get CERPs.
Auditor cannot be the Chairman of the Member Association, a former member of the ELACTA Board of Directors for the last term.
If you are interested to volunteer next term for ELACTA, please send your free form application and short bio to email@example.com by March 31, 2024.
CALL FOR THE NEW BOARD MEMBERS
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TILL 31 January, 2024.
ELACTA is looking for new members to fill vacant Board Member positions.
In May 2024, we are electing a new ELACTA Board and we invite you to submit applications to become a Member of the new Board.
In accordance with the Current ELACTA Statutes, ELACTA members holding a valid IBCLC certificate may be elected to the Board of Directors.
A board member is expected to:
- Comply with WHO/UNICEF Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitudes.
- Work together in a team on pursuing the goals as stated in the Vision of ELACTA.
- Have good understanding of English language, in speaking and writing.
- Attend monthly online meetings and personal Board meetings (about 3 times per year in a European city: 2 days + travel time) Once per year a board meeting will take place during an event of more than 2 days.
- Lead one assigned task group.
- Will to visit other member countries for PR activities (ELACTA reimburses these costs)
- Have the ability to use communication tools and a generally well-functioning Internet connection. Be able to use various IT programs.
- Read and reply to mail / e-mail; reading and on request commenting documents.
- For the total work on this function: an average of 8 hrs a week.
ELACTA gives you the great opportunity to share activities with IBCLC’s of other countries, to organize events in Europe, and to practise policies. We offer you a boardfee for this function.
If this description suits you, then please send your Motivation letter with CV, letters of recommendation before the end of the year 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org You will be asked to have a short skype interview during the application process. The person of choice will be requested to join the General Assembly that will take place at the next Elacta Conference in Liege, Belgium May 16-17, 2024.
For inquiries about ELACTA Boardwork please contact email@example.com
ELACTA supports Ukraine
Elacta is following with concern the war in Ukraine, and expresses support to the Ukrainian people and to all who wish peace.
We support our colleague IBCLCs, other breastfeeding supporters, and their families in this difficult situation. We appreciate and admire their important work helping breastfeeding women to overcome difficulties caused by the war.
You can find material to support breastfeeding families in emergency in our dedicated page.
DON´T MISS OUR MAGAZINE!
To become a real European Alliance, we like to spread our news and so have chosen to develop an online magazine, Lactation & Breastfeeding. The aim of Lactation & Breastfeeding is publishing research, articles relating to human lactation and breastfeeding, case reports relevant to the practicing lactation consultant and other health professionals who support lactating mothers or their breastfeeding infants, as well as the reporting of news from member associations of ELACTA.
Our latest news