All participants of the ELACTA Conference 2022 are cordially invited to present their experiences and their knowledge in the form of a poster and/or a 15 minutes oral presentation. In this way, you can actively contribute to the ELACTA Conference 2022. In the following, you will find the details for submission.
Submission process and timeline
- Abstracts for a poster and/or an oral presentation on breastfeeding/lactation will be accepted in the following areas:
- Clinical practice
- Policies and advocacy
- Breastfeeding support projects
- Abstracts can be submitted for a:
- oral presentation up to 15 minutes on Thursday 12th of May 2022
- printed poster (maximum size A0), exhibited on 13th and 14th of May 2022
- Applications must be sent by January 31th 2022 by filling out Google Forms below. Only complete submissions which conform to the guidelines in format and structure received before the deadline will be accepted for consideration.
- The receipt of each submission will be confirmed by email within one week.
- Researchers who are not members of ELACTA or who are not IBCLC are also encouraged to submit abstracts.
- Authors can submit one or more abstracts in English.
- Submission of a proposal constitutes a commitment by the author to present their work if accepted.
- With the submission of an abstract, authors declare that if the abstract is accepted, they will register to participate in the conference by March 1st, 2022 at the latest (on-line registration at www.elacta.eu). Note that early bird prices end on January 31st, 2022. Authors are responsible for all related expenses.
- Authors of abstracts must indicate when and where the content has been previously presented if this is not the first presentation.
- The ELACTA Conference Committee will select from among the abstracts submitted. The authors will be notified of the acceptance or rejection by email by February, 15th 2022 and are kindly asked to confirm receipt by email to: email@example.com
- Abstracts accepted for oral presentations on May 12th, 2022 will be included in the program. Available equipment includes a laptop and a beamer. Please be informed that only invited speakers are plenary speakers, all other speakers will present to a smaller self-selected audience.
- Abstracts accepted for Posters will be included in the poster exhibition throughout the conference. Please bring your printed poster to our registration team at your earliest convenience after arrival at the conference venue.
- After the Conference, all abstracts accepted for oral presentations and posters can be published on the ELACTA website.
- Research poster abstracts might be chosen to be published in ELACTA’s magazine, Lactation and Breastfeeding.
Instructions for preparation of Oral presentations and Posters
- All information presented during oral presentations and on posters must conform to the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes and Subsequent WHA Resolutions.
- Presenters will be required to disclose to the audience any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest that may have a direct bearing on the subject matter of the presentation. This includes disclosures of any financial interest/arrangement or affiliation with any organizations that could be perceived as a conflict of interest in the context of the subject matter of their presentation. Presenters are therefore kindly asked to begin their presentation by declaring their profession, and disclosing any influence of a company on the work or on the study presented. Please indicate company names in simple type only without logos, and without giving thanks to sponsors.
- For the benefit of submission reviewers and Conference attendees, please ensure that the presentation content is reflected accurately in the title.
- Clarity of expression will be considered in the review process. The overall quality of language used should ensure comprehension by the reader. Proofread your abstract carefully to avoid errors.
- Speakers are not permitted to distribute commercial materials in their session. No advertising is permitted outside the Exhibit Hall.
- There will be no handouts at the lectures. All material pertinent to the presentation must be submitted together with the abstract, to be published online after the conference.
- Posters size should be between A3 (297×420 mm) and A0 (841×1189 mm). Minimum font size suggested is 18 pt for easier reading. Posters should include title, authors, corresponding address and a short reference list.
Award for the best oral presentation and poster
The best poster and the best oral presentation will be awarded the prize of one free entrance to our next ELACTA conference in 2024 for their presenter.
Abstract submitted by ELACTA or BDL Board members will not participate in the competition for best poster/ best oral presentation.
If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact:
Dinka Baric – firstname.lastname@example.org