Every European association of International Board Certified Lactation Consultants is invited to be a member of ELACTA!
To reach out internationally, we welcome also member associations from neighbouring countries. In ELACTA, they can find interesting education opportunities, the chance to share information about their own events with others, and the opportunity to share experiences with similar association, especially about the challenging task of the recognition of the IBCLC profession.
Membership is open to:
- Associations of IBCLCs (even if they have non IBCLC members – different conditions apply to IBCLCs and non IBCLCs, see the detailed description here)
- Individual IBCLCs (detailed description here)
- Official representation with other associations, on the ELACTA website and during the General Assembly held every two years
- Advocacy of the IBCLC profession
- Access to Lactation and Breastfeeding, ELACTA’s digital magazine
- Option for German-speaking association members to receive a hard copy of the German magazine, Laktation & Stïllen, at an additional cost of € 16,- per year, plus delivery costs.
- Reduced registration fees for all association members at the biennial ELACTA Conference
- The President, or the President representatives of every association receives a free entrance for this conference and, in return, participates in the Presidents’ Meeting and the General Assembly at the conference.
- Sharing knowledge with similar associations through Facebook, Twitter and at ELACTA events
- Continuing education possibilities at ELACTA’s European education weekends, “CERPS International”.
- Listing in the “Find an IBCLC” on the Website for member IBCLCs (coming soon)
- Board eligibility for association members with valid IBCLC certification.
- All associations/ individuals who are members of ELACTA should comply with the statutes and policies of ELACTA
- endorses the WHO Code, support the goals of ELACTA
- pay due membership fees
The full description of the structure, benefits, requirements and agreement of the ELACTA membership can be found here.
BECOME A MEMBER
After filling in the required information, you will receive an email with the invoice and further instructions.