Education, Research and Translation
we are committed
– to review the state of art of lactation education pre-service and in service for the aspiring lactation professionals and other health professionals and to define the criteria for offering educational grant for the IBCLC training in the different countries;
– to define the criteria of funding (research) projects in the next two years (2019-2020);
– to arrange the translation of articles and core documents in different languages to decrease the gap among European IBCLCs.
Call for Funding an Educational Event (Conference, Workshop,…etc.)
Dear ELACTA members,
- Are you planning an educational event in the field of lactation, and cannot afford it?
- Does your education have a high practice relevance?
- Is the educational event planned to start in 2019?
ELACTA wants to support member associations in need of funding to organize non-profit educational events. The board is happy to announce that the ELACTA board will support up to three Code-compliant conferences with the amount of up to a maximum of
€ 1,000 each
as postulated in our ELACTA goals for 2019.
If applicable to your member association, please send both the application and criteria form, together with your planned budget and program until
31 May 2019
ELACTA will come back to you with their board decision on the selected project until
15 June 2019
Since the improvement of lactation support is our common goal, we do appreciate topics with high practice relevance for breastfeeding dyads or IBCLCs in their daily work. The allocation of funds depends on your score, and on the final decision of the ELACTA board.
Predoncitions: We expect you to write an article about this educational event in our ELACTA magazine L&B. ELACTA can have 2 free entrance tickets and a booth/table at the conference, and present ELACTA promotional materials at the event.