1. Abstracts for a poster are accepted from the realms of
b. Project work
2. Possible topics are
a. Breastfeeding and development
c. Breastfeeding of children with special needs
d. Breastfeeding under special circumstances
e. Interdisciplinary cooperation
g. Breastfeeding counseling
3. Abstracts must be submitted for each poster.
Poster size: maximum size: 1.21 meters wide by 2.00m meters high
Authors submitting a poster need not be IBCLCs or members of ELACTA.
4. Authors may submit one or more posters in English or another European language, provide a short English translation on a A4.
5. Only posters that follow the specified form and structure and that are submitted in full by January 5th 2014 may be taken into consideration.
6. Please send your entire application exclusively to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5th 2014, at the latest.
7. Please put the following in the subject line: “Call for posters ELACTA Copenhagen 2014”.
Your e-mail should contain the following information:
a. Title of the poster
b. Authors’ names. With multiple authors, please underline the author acting as the contact person.
c. Allocated to: Poster
d. Contact person’s complete mailing address
e. Contact person’s phone number
f. Contact person’s e-mail address
g. Brief biography/ies with name, academic title, town, country, place of work, focal activities, research priorities
h. Abstract of the poster as attachment (maximum of 350 words)
8. Receipt of each application will be confirmed by e-mail within one week.
9. The ELACTA Conference Committee will select posters from among the submitted poster-abstracts.
10. Abstracts accepted for posters will be put in the poster exhibition. Authors will be informed by e-mail by February 11th 2014 of acceptance or rejection and are asked to confirm the receipt of this e-mail by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
All accepted abstracts maybe published as submitted in the printed and electronic versions of the conference program. The entry will include title, author, institution and address.
After the conference, accepted abstracts for posters may be published on the ELACTA website www.elacta.eu .
Contents of posters
o All information presented in posters is required to comply with the International Code for the Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes and subsequent WHA resolutions.
o For the sake of those who review the poster abstracts and take part in the conference, make sure the title accurately reflects the content of your presentation.
o The clarity of the abstracts is a factor considered in the selection process. The abstract should be well written so readers can more easily understand what is being communicated.
o All speakers are asked to divulge to conference participants any conflict of interest that could influence their presentations. This provision covers financial interests or agreements or collaboration with organizations that could be seen as a conflict of interest in connection with the presentation.
o ELACTA will give an award at the end of the conference for the three best posters.
o If you have any questions about the application, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
ELACTA Conference Office
A – 4120 Niederwaldkirchen; Austria
Tel.: 0043/681 2050 4353